작성일17-09-26 17:16 조회220회

첨부파일

본문

7840cd08635ecb0c66312bb6fd5a1e7d_1506412667_2747.jpg
7840cd08635ecb0c66312bb6fd5a1e7d_1506412667_3551.jpg
7840cd08635ecb0c66312bb6fd5a1e7d_1506412696_9649.jpg
7840cd08635ecb0c66312bb6fd5a1e7d_1506412704_569.jpg

Motivation Statements

Nayan Chandra Das, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, PhD Student. Country: Bangladesh

I am an international student at GIST. I am from Bangladesh. Bangladesh is a developing country. I born in a Hindu family of Bangladesh which is a Muslim majority country. Since my childhood, I faced discrimination every stage of my life. When I was in the USA for my MS program I also saw discrimination based on color, religion, sex. After all the experiences made the think that as a human being we didn’t develop much. We are still in the mode of killing each other for survival. These kind of mentality should be changed. We need to talk and address these issues. For that we need make a wave of awareness in the society. And 2017 World Human Rights Cities Forum (WHCRF) is perfect place for that. I would be happy to be a part of discussion group. As a human being, I am not sure how many of us know our rights. Most of us are so use to with the discrimination that we think that how life is. That’s what mean to be for us. To make a better society we all need to know our rights and responsibilities. As a participant, I am hoping to learn a lot about my rights as a human being and how to earn these rights and if we see any kind of violation of human rights around us, what will be our responsibilities as a common people of the society. To make the world better for ourselves and for our next generation, we have to raise the human value above all among all of us. If we can do that, only then we can see other people same as me not like different one from me. Then, there will no discrimination based of color, religion and sex. All are same human being. A true happy world.

SIN Gaju, Jeonnam Foreign Language High School

When I was pretty young, I have been always wanted to become the representative who argues with the national accidents and events all around the world. I have always been so interested that I even learned English and German to work for the development of world. While I was looking for the competiton that I could show my ability and improve my skills, I found this forum and decided to be in. For better world and better society, it will be such a great opportunity to join this event.

​JEONG Min, Jeonnam Foreign Language High School 외국어고등학교에 재학중인 학생으로써 평소 영어와 독일어에 관심이 많았고, 이러한 능력을 더욱 발전시킬 수 있는 계기를 찾는 것에 관심이 많았다. 여러 동아리 활동들과 학교 내외 활동을 통하여 여러 분야의 세계적 이슈를 접하였다. 신문 기사를 읽고 스크랩하여 자신의 활동을 정리하는 NIE 활동, 영어 잡지를 읽고 이를 친구들 앞에서 발표하는 활동들은 나의 사상을 더욱 확실하게 확립해주는 계기가 되었다. 평소 국제적인 활동들에 관심이 많아 학교 내부의 활동 뿐만 아니라 학교 외부 활동, 예를 들어 중앙일보 청소년 기자단의 일원으로써 활동함으로써 사회에 대한 긍정적, 비판적인 시각을 꾸준히 길러왔다. 전남외국어고등학교가 유네스코 학교로 지정된 만큼, 나는 유네스코 학교에 재학 중인 학생이었기 때문에 인권에 관련된 부분에 대한 세계적인 이슈를 많이 접하게 되었는데, 이를 외국어와 접목시킬 수 있는 활동을 찾고 있던 중, 2017 세계인권도시포럼을 발견하게 되었다. 이 활동을 통해 나의 미래를 확립할 수 있는 계기가 되면 좋을 것 같다. AN Semin, Jeonnam Foreign Language High School As the world is now turning to its own nationality such as Trump President of the United States, and Britain's Brackets whose interests are their top priority and terrors are occurring day and night, conflicts are rising between countries and world peace is on the brink of collapsing. I think it is time to rethink the issue of cooperation and coexistence between countries. Among them, human rights is the most fundamental right that everybody should pursue as universally, and it is a crucial issue that the world should consider and collaborate together. I think that the issue of human rights is a common issue that we must contemplate together. I have a dream to carry out international activities in various fields which are not limited to Korea. In order to achieve my dream, I am running an English debating club called ‘UNION’ where we can come across diverse world issues or topics that we can express our opinions freely on. One of our representative debates that we have done related to human rights is ‘Whether or not Korea should accept the refugees’, ‘Should the government legalize abortion?’ and ‘It is right for the French government to ban Islamic women from wearing Burquini?’. Moreover, I was selected as the representative of my school to debate in the GFN Radio on various topics. Most importantly, I am really in to the sphere of human rights particularly the rights of social minorities such as women, refugees, elderly and children. There are still lots of people who do not value or respect the basic rights of those. So as to notify this serious problem, I tried to participate in the activities that in, especially English, and I was continuously searching for foreign language utilization activities related to human rights, and I thought that participating in the World Human Rights City Forum is the perfect chance to express my thoughts. Through the participation of this forum, I would like this to be an opportunity to protect and promote human rights of sex minorities, children, refugees and also suggest for improvements or necessary matters that should be introduces in current practice. Also, I would like to communicate with others in order to make our world a better place for those whose rights being discarded.

KWON Yujin, Jeonnam Foreign Language High School 

YOLO
NAM Miso, Jeonnam Foreign Language High School

Hugge
CHOI Daniel,Jeonnam Foreign Language High School 

The world is changing rapidly with the remarkable advancement human has made, but the development of our rights has remained the same. Among them attention in human rights which is considered as the most important factor in life is being ignored for a long time. It is time we change it. My dream is to be a member of UNHCR( The UN Refugee agency) in the future. In this organization where they try to ensure the human right of refugees and find a proper solution to them who suffer from famine and illness for a better life. Even though they are same individuals like us, the values they have in their rights are hardly acknowledged. Refugees are people who move to another country unavoidably because of the bad condition including political disposition or internal conflicts that causes civil wars. They have the equal rights to have a guaranteed life and live without restriction. Not only refugees but also disadvantaged who are neglected by the general social public in a community are an identical member of the society. Sometimes our mind is fraught with full of discrimination or disregard. That's because we don't want to harmonize with them with the only reason that they are different. Majority of people believe that human rights infringement no longer exist in the world, but still violent that takes place in one nation, compulsory labor and even sexual molestation that provoke adverse effect on human right are rampant in this society. By participating in this forum, I want to share my opinions with others on how we can deal with these problems. I'm interested in debating or discussing with some specific issues related to human rights and I'm a member of debating club named UNION where we can share a variety of colorful point of views and talk about social issues. I surely think it would be an optimal choice to participate in the Forum that can experience dozens of ideas which might be alternatives to protect the human rights. With this Forum, I also strongly believe that it will be a good opportunity to think deeply about what exactly human rights stand for and why we must prevent human rights from the place where it has not been practiced. 

• 페이스북으로 보내기
  • 트위터로 보내기
  • 구글플러스로 보내기
[세계인권도시포럼 사무국] (61475) 광주광역시 동구 중앙로 196번길 5(금남로3가) 1-2층 광주국제교류센터(201-023)
Tel. 062-226-2734   l   Fax. 062-226-2731   l   E-mail. whrcf@gic.or.kr
Copyright 세계인권도시포럼 All rights reserved.