Call for Papers
Human Rights Paper Session
○ Theme: Inclusive Cities and Human Rights
○Sub-themes: undocumented migrants, access to services (e.g. energy, healthcare), climate justice, the role of the third sector, persons with disabilities, minority groups, measurement of urban inclusivity
The Chonnam National University Center for Regional Development, the International Centre for the Promotion of Human Rights at the Local and Regional Levels under the auspices of UNESCO, the UNESCO Chair in Human Rights and Human Security, University of Graz, and the Raoul Wallenberg Institute of Human Rights and Humanitarian Law are co-hosting a special session titled “Human Rights Paper Session” as a part of the 13th World Human Rights Cities Forum (WHRCF), being held in Gwangju, South Korea from the 4th to the 7th of October, 2023.
We are inviting paper submissions to be presented related to the present call on “Inclusive Cities and Human Rights”, which will also include papers related to the sub-themes “undocumented migrants, access to services (e.g. energy, healthcare), climate justice, the role of the third sector, persons with disabilities, minority groups, and measurement of urban inclusivity”.
Selected papers will be presented on-site during the WHRCF. Presenters will also be invited to submit their papers for consideration in the December 2023 issue of “The Studies in Regional Development (SRD)”, a peer reviewed, Korean Citation Index (KCI) indexed journal that is published by the Center for Regional Development, Chonnam National University.
○ Important Dates
- Abstract Submission Deadline July 28, 2023
- Acceptance notification August 1, 2023S
- Paper Submission Deadline September 15, 2023
- Presentation Material Submission Deadline September 31, 2023
- Paper Presentation at the 13th WHRCF October 5, 2023 / 09:30-11:30 KST
Submit an abstract (not exceeding 500 words) to the following email address: email@example.com
Please, notice that the following information must be included in your submission:
- The author’s name and affiliation;
- A short biography (100 words) to be included in the abstract itself;
- The author’s CV, including a relevant list of publications (maximum 800 words);
- The author’s contact details, including email address and telephone numbers;
- All information should be submitted in MS-Word format.
○ Full Paper Submission
Selected authors should submit the advance draft of their papers prior to the Forum. Papers should be at least 2,000 words, not counting the bibliography, and they should follow the APA stylesheet in MS-Word format. The deadline for submission of the advance draft is September 15, 2023.
○ Paper Presentation at the Forum
- Accommodation costs (3 nights) will be covered for presenters coming from abroad.
[The 13th WHRCF] Human Rights Papers Session_Concept Note.pdf (274.6K)
43 downloads | DATE : 2023-06-21 16:25:40
Human Rights Paper Session_Call for Papers.pdf (58.5K)
42 downloads | DATE : 2023-06-21 16:56:08
- previousRevision of the Consent for Collection and Use of Personal Information 23.07.25
- nextThe 13th WHRCF Concept Note 23.05.09