Call for International Speakers
As a way to spread awareness regarding global human rights issues as well as establish a culture grounded in human rights,
the WHRCF Secretariat is looking for qualified speakers.
1) Thematic Session: the Elderly
- Topic: Rights of the Elderly in Times of Crisis
- Concept Note: The Elderly
- Presentation Contents: 20-minute presentation on the relationship between infectious disease and the elderly in the field of where applicants are working i.g. Medical Service, Social Service etc.
- Organizers: Korean Information & Referral Service Center on Aging
2) Thematic Session: UN SDGs and Human Rights
- Topic: Inclusive Response to Climate Crisis for Sustainable Development
- Concept Note: UN SDGs and Human Rights
- Presentation Contents: 5-minute presentation on the case study of inclusive and sustainable climate crisis response in one of the following areas: gender equality, disability, children and youth, farmers and fishermen, workers, and climate refugees.
※ Note: The organizer is looking for 5-6 speakers in total from each area mentioned above.
- Organizers: Gwangju Council for Sustainable Development, Korea Center for Sustainable Development, Local Sustainability Alliance of Korea
2. Important Dates
- Application: by July 5th
- Screening Application: by July 8th
- Announcement of Selected Applicants: July 9th
3. Provisions for Speakers
1) On-site Speaker: Air ticket (economy class round-trip), Accommodation and Transportation in Korea
2. Online Speaker: Honorarium around $200
* Note: Availability for on-site participation will be decided depending on the COVID-19 situation in Korea
Please click here to apply and reach out to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further inquires.